Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Black History Month is Here


So the second month of 2011 is here. The first month was a whirlwind for me. First, I was upset at 2011 being here. Then I became nervous about accomplishing my goals. Now, I have calmed, still worried but really calm. I got really overloaded with International Affairs, so now I want to tune into l'art, which is french for art. Please enjoy. First up is something posted by Afro. Art.Chick, a tumbler poster. They are a list of quotes by Langston Hughes.

“An artist must be free to choose what he does, certainly, but he must also never be afraid to do what he might choose.

I have discovered in life that there are ways of getting almost anywhere you want to go, if you really want to go.”

When peoples care for you and cry for you, they can straighten out your soul.”

“I stay cool, and dig all jive,
That’s the way I stay alive.
My motto,
as I live and learn,
is
Dig and be dug
In return.”

“…the only way to get a thing done is to start to do it, then keep on doing it, and finally you’ll finish it,….”

“Hold fast to dreams-
For if dreams die-
Life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.”

Happy Birthday to novelist, playwright, short story writer, columnist and poet - James Mercer Langston Hughes (b. February 1, 1902)

No comments: